Dollar General Penny List 1/5/2020 NCI Add-Ons!
What’s the Dollar General Penny List? This is it! Bookmark our Dollar General Penny Item Master List! And come back each week to see what’s new.
CURRENT PENNY LIST For NCI Stores!
Tuesday, January 5, 2020
This is a second penny list for today! (Find the others here!) It’s the Updated NCI Penny List. NCI means non consumable initiative. In short, it’s a home store version of Dollar General stores.
- Trueliving Bowl Speckle 1ct UPC 430001268053
- Trueliving Dinner Plate Speckle 1ct UPC 430001268060
- Trueliving Mug Hand Paint 1ct UPC 430001268084
- Trueliving bowl hand paint 1 ct UPC 430001268121
- Trueliving Dinner Plate hand paint 1 ct UPC 430001268138
- Trueliving Mug Speckle 1 ct UPC 430001268145
- Dinnerware 10.5 plate whit/turq 1 ct UPC 847279048797
- Dinnerware 6 in bowl whit/turq 1 ct UPC 847279048810
- Dinnerware 14 oz mug wht/turq 1 ct UPC 847279048827
- Dinnerware 8 in plate gray 1 ct UPC 847279048841
- Dinnerware 14 oz mug gray 1 ct UPC 847279048865
- Dinnerware 8 in plate w/blck speck 1 ct UPC 847279048933
- Dinnerware 11 in plate red 1 ct UPC 847279049084
- Dinnerware 8 in plate red 1 ct UPC 847279049091
- Dinnerware 5.5 in bowl red 1 ct UPC 847279049114
- Dinnerware 14 oz mug red 1 ct UPC 847279049121
- Dinnerware 10.5 in plate white 1 ct UPC 847279048872
- Dinnerware 6 in bowl white 1 ct UPC 847279048896
Of course, look for these items in DG Stores near you. This can vary by location, so we call it a YMMV (your mileage may vary – not everyone will find the same deals). Lastly, don’t forget to Bookmark our Dollar General Penny Item Master List! Then, you won’t miss all the penny items including the surprise pennies!
Need help identifying which things will penny? Read our Dollar General Penny Item Master List!
Extra tip: Be sure to watch for stores undergoing remodels! They are clearing out everything at HUGE discounts. Only those stores being remodeled are having those sales. Of course, some of these things have pennied previously. But, check if you’re there!
What is Dollar General Penny List?
While some stores don’t know how to do clearance, DG is one of the best. Penny Items are just what they sound like, they’re marked down to only 1 cent! Brace yourself, this could be you! LOL!
How Can You Get Products for a Penny?
Tips: Get there early! Try getting to the store right when they open on Tuesday (or whichever day it is, based on your location and whether Tuesday was a Holiday). And don’t forget, you can get DG store coupons on their website and app! Of course, be sure to see our Dollar General Penny Item Master List for tips & tricks to penny shop!
Why Penny Items Clearance?
Penny Items at Dollar General have either been hard to sell, are discontinued products or after Holiday close outs. Maybe in some areas a certain product doesn’t sell. For example, DG will mark them down in steps, all the way down to 90% off clearance. Then, if there’s any left, they discount them to a penny. Often, manufacturers will stop making a certain product. Maybe it’s Tide and they want to change the scent. Or, maybe they change the size of the product. Either way, they’ll discontinue the old version. And as a result, they’ll close them out all the way down to the 1¢ sale. Of course, Holiday close-outs are popular in most stores. For example, after Valentine’s Day, stores close out chocolates and candy, and other holiday-themed items at a step-down sale discount. In other words, they’ll start at maybe 50% off, and after a set amount of time they’ll increase the discount to 75% off and so on. It’s at the end of those mark-downs that the penny items happen! The reason DG discounts all the way to a penny is to alert sales associates that it’s time to pull the merchandise from store shelves, to be donated to places such as Goodwill, or to be destroyed.