Dollar General Penny List 8/11/2020
What’s the Dollar General Penny List? This is it! Bookmark our Dollar General Penny Item Master List! And come back each week to see what’s new. Do you shop at Dollar General on Tuesdays? If you don’t, then you should! Because Tuesday is the day they usually have products for a PENNY! Which day of the week it is depends on holidays and other things, but typically it’s Tuesday when they have penny items.
CURRENT PENNY LIST
Tuesday, August 11, 2020
Of course, look for these items in DG Stores near you. This can vary by location, so we call it a YMMV (your mileage may vary – not everyone will find the same deals).
More Candy! As always with food, be sure to check the expiration date!
- LifeSavers WintOGreen Laydown Bag 13oz – 19000085610
- Trolli Gummy Bears Big Bold 4oz – 20709100405
- Hershey Kisses Hugs Peg Bag 2.7oz – 34000110483
- Hershey Choc Drops Peg Bag 2.5oz – 34000271313
- Hershey Milk Chocolate Standard Bar 6ct – 34000290055
- Hershey Gold Kiss Peg Bag 2.45oz – 34000314348
- Sour Patch Kid Original Peg Bag 80z – 70462035964
- Nestle Gobstoppers Theater Box 5oz – 79200619091
- Reeses Bars Standard 6ct – 34000490059
- Sweet Smiles D0404-Candy Alphabet 4.5oz – 41396074503
- Now and Later Tropical Peg Bag 4oz – 41420022739
- Butterfinger Milk Choc Xl Bar 4.4oz – 99900659029
- Sunny D Gummies Peg Bag 3.6oz – 77290906404
- Now and Later Splits Candy Peg Bag 4oz – 41420025747
- Trolli Merica Mix Peg Bag 3.75oz – 41420034787
- Big League Chw Gumballs Peg Bag 1.9oz – 42897660943
- Sour Patch Kid Freeze Peg Bag 7.2oz – 70462003703
- Sweet Smiles D0402 Puffs Chocolate Mint 4oz – 89424851382
Need help identifying which things will penny? Read our Dollar General Penny Item Master List!
Extra tip: Be sure to watch for stores undergoing remodels! They are clearing out everything at HUGE discounts. Only those stores being remodeled are having those sales. Of course, some of these things have pennied previously. But, check if you’re there!
What is Dollar General Penny List?
How Can You Get Products for a Penny?
Tips: Get there early! Try getting to the store right when they open on Tuesday (or whichever day it is, based on your location and whether Tuesday was a Holiday). And don’t forget, you can get DG store coupons on their website and app! Of course, be sure to see our Dollar General Penny Item Master List for tips & tricks to penny shop!
Why Penny Items Clearance?
Penny Items at Dollar General have either been hard to sell, are discontinued products or after Holiday close outs. Maybe in some areas a certain product doesn’t sell. For example, DG will mark them down in steps, all the way down to 90% off clearance. Then, if there’s any left, they discount them to a penny. Often, manufacturers will stop making a certain product. Maybe it’s Tide and they want to change the scent. Or, maybe they change the size of the product. Either way, they’ll discontinue the old version. And as a result, they’ll close them out all the way down to the 1¢ sale. Of course, Holiday close-outs are popular in most stores. For example, after Valentine’s Day, stores close out chocolates and candy, and other holiday-themed items at a step-down sale discount. In other words, they’ll start at maybe 50% off, and after a set amount of time they’ll increase the discount to 75% off and so on. It’s at the end of those mark-downs that the penny items happen! The reason DG discounts all the way to a penny is to alert sales associates that it’s time to pull the merchandise from store shelves, to be donated to places such as Goodwill, or to be destroyed.